Reviews and Awards
- The German Hi-End Audio magazine published a test of our Hagen. Read the test here
- Part Time Audiophile about the Voxativ showroom at the RMAF: "The first thing that struck me was that the sound was remarkably cohesive, balanced and detailed. Dipole woofer designs sometimes trade speed for depth, but the 9.87 was able to do both, producing a full, but tight, bottom end." read more here
- "We experienced that wonderful clear and perfectly integrated sound I’ve come to know over the years." (Terry Eringi) - Voxativ received the Gold Show Award for its performance at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2016.
- stereophile report of the Capital Audio Fest including insights into "the sexy-looking Voxativ Zeth loudspeakers"
- "Their famous and fabulous single-driver “horns” are effortless and transparent..." (Scott Hull in his roundup of the Capital Audio Fest)
- T.H.E. Show Newport Beach press feedback
- High End Munich 2016 press feedback
- Our 9.87 System received the Blue moon Award of 6moons. Read more here.
- "it had a special shine to it, as would a jewel that had been buffed and polished to perfection" - commented the stereophile our stereo system at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Read more here.
- "Ultimately, I spent more time than I wanted in this suite..." - Yes our speakers can be mesmerizing to audiophiles as the guys from the Stereo Times Magazine experienced. Read more here (scroll to the upper middle).
- The AUDIOphile magazin issue 01/2015 published an interesting article about the advantages of Full-Range Speakers and introduced our Pi.
- Best Sound Award at the High End Show in Munich by AV Showrooms
- Ampeggio Due is now No. 1 in the highscore list of AUDIO - one of the biggest German Hi-Fi magazine reviewed our Due in its issue 03/2014.
- The Ampeggio Signature received the Product of the Year Award Grand Prix 2013 by Japanese renowned Stereo Sound Magazin.
- Best Sound Award at RMAF 2012 by AV Showrooms
- Voxativ Ampeggio is the product of the year in the US magazine: Stereophile in 12/2011
- Review Voxativ AC-X fieldcoil drivers in the British magazine: hi-fi news in 11/2011
- Review Voxativ Ampeggio in the US magazine: Stereophile in 08/2011
- Review Voxativ Ampeggio in the German magazine: Fono Forum in 09/2010
- Review Voxativ Ampeggio in the international magazine: 6moons in 09/2010
- Review Voxativ Ampeggio in the German magazine: Audio in 05/2010
- Review Voxativ AC-X fieldcoil drivers in the German magazine: Klang und Ton in 12/2009
- Review Voxativ Ampeggio in the German magazine: LP-Magazin in 04/2009
- "I loved, I mean LOVED the Voxativ stuff from Berlin. (...) Very impressed." - Commented the famous mastering engineer Steve Hoffman in his forum after listening to the Pi loudspeaker at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach (USA)
- 6moons reports about Voxativ and the 9.87 system. click here
- The web based magazin Audio Traveler about the 9.87 system: "The sound was very linear and cohesive with the single drivers giving pinpoint imaging and 3D-sound staging and the spruce cone and Japanese-paper whizzer lending a life-like timbre to strings and voices with tight, authoritative bass that never gave a hint of boominess or disconnect from the midrange."
- AUDIO magazine - One of Germany biggest High-end audio magazine reviewing the Ampeggio Due: "This loudspeaker is one of the most frugal converter in the over 35 year history of AUDIO. (...) So directly real and vividly you have probably never heard a concert grand on a hi-fi system."
- Jonathan Valin - The Absolute Sound (Highend Show Munich, May 2013): "...the sound was extraordinarily present, a little lightweight in balance, but exceptionally open, boxless, and detailed. In the midrange single-driver speakers are nearly impossible to beat for sheer liveliness and life, especially on voice...for their midband realism alone, the Pi and especially the new Ampeggio were 'Best Of Show' contenders..."
- Jason Victor Serinus - Stereophile (RMAF, October 2012 ): "...extremely impressive, solid, warm and inviting sound. 'A cut above the rest' I wrote in my notes..."
- Peter Breuninger - AV Showrooms (RMAF, October 2012 ): "...the sound was superb but three rooms stood out... the MBL suite, the Wilson/VTL suite and the highend- electronics suite featuring the Voxativ loudspeaker. "
"...the most involving and intimate sound was to be had from the Voxativ loudpeaker being driven by KR amplifiers."
The Ampeggio also won the "AV Showrooms Gold Show Award for Best Sound" at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest October 2012. CLICK HERE to watch a video on YouTube from our room with highend electronics at the RMAF 2012.
- Jason Victor Serinus - Stereophile (T.H.E. Show Newport, June 2012 ): "... Beautiful! Remarkably close to natural sound. The highs are wonderful, ..."
- Customer feedback (T.H.E. Show Newport, June 2012): "...This was the most musically involving and musically 'correct' system I have ever heard. I have never felt so emotionally connected with the music"
- Jonathan Valin - The Absolute Sound (RMAF October 2011): "...I can tell you this: On the Gospel Ship cut of Joan Baez in Concert no other speaker at RMAF sounded as lovely, lithe, and lively as the Ampeggios. It was the most natural reproduction of voice I heard at the show..."
- Clark Johnson - Positive Feedback Online (T.H.E. Show Newport, June 2011 ): "...in the Highend-Electronics room we encounter magnificent one-way sound from the German Voxativ loudspeakers driven by KRamps... the Ella cut I've been playing around, on a CD-R made from a 1963 master tape, sounds better than ever!"
- Winner of Product of the Year 2011 Award (Stereophile December 2011): "...clearly, the Voxativ Ampeggio fuels our passion for music. And with that in mind, it really should come as no suprise that thisstrange new speaker is our Product of the Year 2011. In its design, appearance, and sound, the Voxativ Ampeggio is bold, beautiful, distinct, and fun - a product to admire, love, and honor. Congratulations Voxativ - and thanks!"
- Art Dudley of Stereophile wrote (August 2011): "...the Voxativ Ampeggios showed the same considerabletransient speed, spatial presence, dramatic ease, and physical impact as the best Lowther applications I've heard - and lacked the English speakers' most egregious flaws."
"Low frequency tones, from just below 40Hz and up, hadreal power, color, and physicality via the Voxativs... Midrange sounds wereopen, clear, and stunningly present: the kind of playback performance that makes use of the word transparent not only forgivable but almost mandatory. The trebles were similarly clear... and, perhaps most important of all, there was no upper-mid response peak. No shout. No glare. No shit!"
"...the Voxativ Ampeggio went beyond sounding good: More than once, with too many records to mention, I found myself stopping to marvel at its brilliantly good pitch certainty... I was able to enjoy everything I played through them - not just as sound but as music - withoutfatigue, frustration, or, worst of all, lack of interest."
"...the sort of spatial presentation that some audio perfectionists cherish: a deep and sizable chunk of pure, open sound, minedfrom the original quarry and transported to the listener's room, "air" and all: The Voxativs, more than any other flea-wart-friendly speakers with which I'm familiar, did the soundstaging thing. In spades."
"More than just a Lowther without a shout, this is a Lowther with a foundation, a Lowther with real bass - a high efficiency, single-driver loudspeaker for which no excuses need be made. Just a few years after giving up on the idea, I've now encountered a single-driver dynamic speaker I could live with; in most audio reviews that's faint praise, but in this one it's a revelation. In the months ahead, I'm certain the Voxativ Ampeggio will change many more minds..."
- Srajan Ebaen of 6moons.com wrote (September 2010): "...the Ampeggio appears to be a milestone inmodern widebanders... it's presently one of the most compelling samples of the breed and surely the best I've encountered by not a small margin. The Ampeggio also is a musical instrument not merely on looks or because of who makes it. It's a musical instrument in how its superior time domain performance establishes proper harmonic fidelity in ways that read abstract or poetic but in the listening seat communicate themselves without any mouthfuls of fancywords."
"Be assured though that the Voxativ Ampeggio goes places no Lowther I've ever heard has before... In my book then, this is a breakthrough." Read more at app.audiogon.com